Please fill out the following form to register.
* Required field
Name at the time of enrollment in NIMS
Environment and Energy Materials Division/環境・エネルギー材料部門
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics/国際ナノアーキテクトニクス研究拠点
Advanced Key Technologies Division/先端的共通技術部門
Research Center for Strategic Materials/元素戦略センター
Elements Strategy Initiative Center for Magnetic Materials/元素戦略磁性材料研究拠点
Global Research Center for Environment and Energy based on Nanomaterials Science/ナノ材料科学環境拠点
Research Center for Structural Materials/構造材料研究拠点
Center for Materials Research by Information Integration/情報統合型物質・材料研究拠点
International Center for Young Scientists/若手国際研究センター
Research Network and Facility Services Division/中核機能部門
Research Center for Functional Materials/機能性材料研究拠点
Center for Green Research on Energy and Environmental Materials/エネルギー・環境材料研究拠点
Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials/磁性・スピントロニクス材料研究拠点
Research Center for Advanced Measurement and Characterization/先端材料解析研究拠点
Research Network and Facility Services Division/技術・共用部門
Other (specify)/ その他（記載）
Career Building Employee/キャリア形成職員
NIMS Invited Researcher/NIMS招聘研究員
NIMS Special Researcher/NIMS特別研究員
NIMS Specialist Staff/NIMS特別専門職
NIMS Postdoctoral Researcher/NIMSポスドク研究員
ICYS Research Fellow/ICYS研究員
NIMS Invited Engineer/NIMS招聘エンジニア
NIMS Junior Researcher/NIMSジュニア研究員
NIMS Career Staff/嘱託職員
Synchronize my education and career data with my ORCiD data
Article 1 General Provisions
Article 2 Definitions
(1) This refers to the website (https://www.nims-alumni.net/) that is named the NIMS Alumni Network and that is operated by the Institute.
(2) The Services: These refer to all of the services provided on the Site.
(3) Member: This refers to an individual for whom member registration has been allowed for using the Services.
(4) Posting: This refers to an action of a Member for whom registration has been allowed by uploading information in the Services.
Article 3 Member Registration Application
Article 4 Member’s Agreement
Article 5 Content of the Site’s Activities
The Site shall be able to provide the services stated in each of the items below to Members.
(1) Provision of the Institute’s news, events, hiring information, and other information to Members
(2) Provision of opportunities for mutual exchanges among Members, including member information search functions and functions for Members to mutually send and receive e-mail
Article 6 Protection of Personal Information
・Cases in which the relevant Member has agreed to information disclosure
・Cases based on a law or ordinance
・Cases in which disclosure is urgently necessary in order to protect a person’s life, body, or assets
Article 7 Handling of Member Information
・Verification of the identity of the registration applicant
・Provision of various forms of information and services (including provision by e-mail, postal mail, and other means of communication)
・Requests for cooperation with the Institute’s various forms of business that are judged as contributing to promotion of exchanges or strengthening of collaboration between the Institute and Members or between Members
・Provision of member information to the NIMS Alumni Association
・Creation and management of lists of names related to member information search functions and functions for Members to mutually send and receive e-mail
・Other work related to the Institute’s various surveys, analysis, and business plans
・Cases in which it is judged that information that has been registered clearly differs from facts
・Cases in which there is no use of the Services or updating of information in a certain period after registration
・Other cases that the Institute judges as inappropriate
Article 8 Matters for caution at times of member registration and use
Article 9 Prohibited Matters
・Actions that violate a law or ordinance, and actions of soliciting or fostering such actions
・Actions that go against public order and morals or common sense
・Actions that cause disadvantages to other Members, third parties, or the Institute
・Actions that place a burden on the server, and actions that hinder other Members’ access or operation
・Actions that hinder the Site’s operation or a network or system
・Actions that infringe another person’s honor, reputation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, or other rights
・Posting expressions that will lead to discrimination because of ethnicity, race, gender, or age
・Actions of pretending to be a person other than oneself, and actions of permitting use by an individual or group other than the registered Member
・Actions of collecting or accumulating other Members’ personal information
・Actions of doing things such as duplicating, uploading, posting, or distributing statements within the Site without permission
・Actions of sending information to another Member for the purpose of solicitation, such as content for the purpose of commercial advertisement or publicity, spam mail, or chain mails
・Other actions that the Institute has judged as inappropriate
Article 10 Interruption, Change, or Ending of the Services
These Terms will go into effect on April 1st, 2022.
＜For EEA* and UK Residents Only>
(*EEA: EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
Handling of Personal Information based on GDPR
The National Institute for Materials Science (hereinafter referred to as “NIMS”) will collect personal data for the purpose mentioned in the following section 1 “Purpose and Use of Collected Data.” The collected data will be strictly managed in compliance with the Country’s relevant law and NIMS’s Rules and Regulations. Furthermore, if the data is transferred from the European Economic Area member states (EEA; EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and the United Kingdom (UK), it will be handled in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”). Following the GDPR, EEA and UK residents are requested to read the notice below and indicate your consent by checking the box showed in the registration page.
The collected personal data will be used by NIMS only for the following purposes:
(1) Identification of the applicant for registration
(2) Provision of various information and services, including provision by email, postal mail, and other communication means
(3) Requests for cooperation in various projects of NIMS that contribute to the promotion of exchange and strengthening of cooperation between NIMS and the members or between members.
(4) Provision of member information to the NIMS Alumni association
(5) Creation and management of a list of members for member search function and the mail function between members
(6) Other purposes related to surveys, analysis, and business planning of NIMS
For your personal data, you may at any time contact the following Data Controller’s address:
General Affairs Office, Administration Division
National Institute for Materials Science
1-2-1 Sengen, Tsukuba
Ibaraki 3050047 JAPAN
The GDPR provides the rights, including the following for individuals.
(1) Withdrawal of consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
(2) Access to personal data: You have the right to be provided full information about your personal data that NIMS holds.
(3) Data correction: You have the right to require NIMS to correct any incorrect information it holds about you.
(4) Data deletion: You may also have the right to ask NIMS to delete your personal data when certain conditions apply.
(5) Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to ask NIMS to restrict the use of your personal data when certain conditions apply.
(6) Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object to the use of your personal data by NIMS when certain conditions apply.
(7) Portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format when certain conditions apply.
To exercise your rights, or if you require further information about how your personal data is used by NIMS, then contact the Data Controller.
You are entitled to file a complaint with the supervisory organization of a member country of EEA or UK, if you consider that processing of personal data relating to them infringes GDPR.
I agree that my name, the year of retirement and my affiliation at my retirement will be open to the Alumni Network members.